Thursday, July 16, 2009

,,,a spa day....

i've decided i had one today and i say that because i had lots of gifts along the way; i'm grateful for....and laughing at myself for me thinkN' this!! [& 2 say it out loud is honestly SO ME, it's funn-IER :) ]

i started the day rather quiet & subdue, even contemplating "projects" around the house. i tried something new for breakfast- the girls on either side of me and i went back-n-forth sneaking in bites of cereal for myself. since apparently mine ALWAYS taste better any way :) it worked well, the girls ate good!

my goal was to be at the park by 8:30, then 9, then 9:30 maybe if quick before my ride comes at 10. Ride arrives as i'm trying to get out the garage...and i made it part way down the block the other direction [ so the girls weren't walking into the sun the whole time] & decided to come home. Plus the park is crowded now & we'd have to wait in line for a swing (sad face!!).

garden for a few minutes, drop gregory off at guitar and head to pick up one of our fixed cars-- yay! we've had a terrible summer in the auto arena but this is good news and one thing i'm grateful for (thank u mr. fix it man!). we got some help getting the work done & learned more not so nice things about our car company. even more convinced to sue, at this point. got ride there- didn't drive & read book, laughed along the pages. quick stop at DI to treasure hunt, cede really is a good treasurer 'Hunter & Finder' and plus i'm encouraging her to pick up things here & there for her apt...was fun. then got dropped off at car place. turns out car not ready, sat & read mag & listened to fun tv in the background. cede brought me a drink. got kind a hungry- had an idea...car is drivable just not done, took car for food & came back.

WOW! what a sweet ride- was so comfy. far cry from truck!!! and drove so nice & noticed things that were fixed. was smooth on the ride & was quiet! went back & sat again. read some more & was quiet. (was in touch with house via text)

didn't occur to me to think back on the day much till i was coming home; two thoughts 1) wow it's 4- i've been gone a while, longER than i thought i'd be. hmmm 2) i kept having to stay out of the carpool lane because there was no one else in the car ...AND....it was so quiet. no radio. no disney radio. no dance radio. no relationship advice- no noise, just me & the road :) & the fixed car (least mostly fixed)

....that's when i smiled 2 myself and that's when i thought it's been like a spa day- for me. i relaxed- in my own way, had a few treats, got some important stuff taken care of for our family, had time to myself to read & refresh and now i'm back home - home sweet home-

do you want to know what i heard when i walked in the door?? mama mama! mama! and my girls came running and my son gave me a hug & even kurtee came out of the office to say hi....sigh, it was a good day but i am glad to be H-O-M-E <3

P.S. have to pack everyone back up, we're going bowling (cede PE credit, still!!!) and then swimming at the Scera pools. the gang should sleep good tonight, hehe & maybe mom 2

P.S.S. i heart my life, my family & i'm reminded on days like today. i am grateful

1 comment:

  1. Wish i was there 2 have a spa day w U!
    Have fun with the fam! XOXO
    Promise to call when I am close!

    ReplyDelete